We’re here to help you help your patients.
If contracted with UnitedHealthcare/Optum, you're in-network with Surest.
Surest is making health insurance easier to understand for our members. We want to make it easier to use for our providers, too. Use this one-stop source to learn how to make health insurance easier to work with.
See how to find specific information on the Surest member ID card.
Eligibility and Benefits
How to check for Surest member eligibility and plan benefits.
How and where to submit claims and check claim status.
Claims Reconsiderations and Appeals
How to submit and navigate the Surest member ID card.
Additional resources for providers
Find the Surest provider guide, group numbers and how-to videos to make working with Surest easier.
Commonly asked questions
How do I submit claims and check claims status?
All claims should be routed to Surest following the instructions on the member ID card.
Electronic claims to: 25463 **Paper claims to:**Surest PO Box 211758 Eagan, MN 55121
To check claims status, visit UHCprovider.com or call Surest Provider Serices line at 1-844-368-6661
How do I check member benefit eligibility?
Check Surest member eligibility and claim status at:
- UHCprovider.com 1-844-368-6661, a 270/271 transaction
- Subscriber information is required to access the UHCprovider.com portal and phone line.
How is Surest different for health care providers and patients?
Surest tries to simplify health care and cut through the confusion by:
- Offering clear, upfront pricing: Members know prices in advance and may be less likely to delay, forego or ration their medical care or medications.
- **Providing options:**Members can see what’s covered and compare costs between providers. They have the ability to see high-value provider options that may not have been visible before.
- Offering the flexibility to activate coverage if the need arises.
More clarity and a better experience for your patients means less ambiguity for you, the provider:
- Members know what they'll owe, improving the collection process.
- Prices that members see are the prices they pay their providers.
- There’s no need to reconcile claims based on deductibles.
To learn more about how the Surest plan makes choices clearer and insurance easier to understand, visit provider resources.
How do I know if I’m in-network?
Providers or locations that participate (and contract) with the network accessed by the member seeking care (e.g., UHC Choice Plus) are participating providers and locations for Surest members.
If you would like to become part of the Surest provider network, contact your UHC or Optum provider advocate, or call Surest Provider Services at 1-844-368-6661.
Are referrals required to see a specialist?
How does activating coverage work?
What if a patient doesn’t have their insurance card yet?
How do I file an appeal?
If you are a provider submitting claim reconsideration (pricing or other), you can:
**Mail:**UHSS Attn: Claims PO Box 30783 Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Please remember to send to the attention of an individual you have spoken to, if applicable.
If you are a provider filing a clinical appeal (for prior authorization or other), you can:
**Mail:**UHC Appeals-UHSS PO Box 400046 San Antonio, TX 78229
Please remember to attach all supporting materials to the appeal request, including member-specific treatment plans or clinical records.
If you are a Surest member and want to appeal a claim, please call Surest Member Services at the number on your member ID card. We will be happy to help you settle your claim.